Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Crying Game

Not a single smile in a two days. Fucking internet dating. I'd been on lavalife since my husband left, and every day I was on, my self esteem took a shot. With every Wilbur, Gord and Harry hitting on me, I wondered if, how or when I'd ever meet anyone worth dating, let alone worth having sex with. And they all wanted sex. According to my page a day calendar, 'he's just not that into you', a "man isn't into you if he doesn't want to have sex with you".

Frankly, I agree. I want passion. Intimacy (some people actually cringe at the sight or mention of this word).

A private conversation--no one heard her say, sang Lyle Lovett. I'm convinced it's about his marriage to Julia Roberts. Her answer to our collective gasp, "Lyle Lovette? The guy with the hair?!"


...


Three candles is a dimly lit room.
His eyes were blue. He was rustic by candlelight.
Only once did I get to hear his sensitive tone...I always imagined his eyes downcast whenever he spoke that way. I was right.


And this is how it happens.
There are movies; there are great works of fiction--all attempting to capture and give birth to the building of passion.

Genuine dialogue on every level.



Conversation isn't always about words.
Clearly.

No comments:

Followers