Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy is as happy does

In looking at past posts, it is clearly time for a happy new one.

And I'm happy. : )

I'm tempted to ask myself if I should be, because I was recently turned down for a job I really thought I wanted to get, but in hindsight I am slightly relieved I didn't. Right now I just want to focus on the job I currently have, and afterwards if it isn't up to par, I'll start a job search then. I do not have the energy--mental or otherwise, for a job search right now. My life has been far too turbulent in the past few years to tolerate much more upheaval.

So, what else is so spectacular then? Well, I'm terribly in love (and that certainly helps), and the man is terribly sweet (which clearly helps), and what else? I don't know. I joined a gym, my spanish class is good, and I really love the people I work with. Those seem like a fair amount of blessings, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm working on giving God all the credit that is due, as really, that's where it all starts and ends for me. And though I never feel as though I'm doing enough, I'll keep trying. On that note, I'm reminded of a song recently debuted by Martina Mcbride, Anyway:

You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it away
Build it anyway

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach and you know it might not ever come your way, but dream it anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain’t good, and when I pray..it don’t always turn out like I think it should…but I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world’s gone crazy and it’s hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today, believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons, and in a moment they can choose to walk away, love ‘em anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in, that tomorrow they’ll forget you ever sang, sing it anyway….yeah sing it anyway…..yeah yeah I’ll sing, I’ll dream, I’ll love…anyway

I almost felt as though God were singing to me, it was that amazing and touching.

Thank you, God.

No comments:

Followers