Tuesday, December 05, 2006

3 days and counting

As the title indicates, there are only three more days until I'm in San Diego (I can't thank God enough, frankly), and then I'll be on the lovely shores of Mexico. I'm afraid the time will fly by and it'll be over before I know it! What will I look forward to then? Moving out of my parents place, that's what (more on that later). :D

There are only a few downsides to the trip(but they are down). : ) I happened to have insulted my boyfriend's mother (sigh), and I have to appear in a swim suit--which I hardly prepared for (perhaps even prepared against, she says as she eats ketchup flavored potato chips to feed the stress created from an early morning irate parent hell bent on bullying me). Mah. 3 days indeed.

How did I offend the mother? Some little email snafu (use your imagination, it's accurate enough). I suppose though, if those are the least of my concerns, I'm doing alright. But still, in my mind my little mix up virtually guarantees me a hellish relationship with her, and should she ever be anything more than "my boyfriend's mother", that could be really unpleasant. Mmm.

Alas. Back to my parents. I need to move out. With me in the house, all my parent's do is focus on what I am and am not doing (am I turing off the lights, rinsing the tub, cleaning my room...). It's a non-stop exercise in humility. On the weekend my Dad was "tidying" my storage area (being the corner of the basement) and wigged out. He said, "I'm tired of pussy footing around that girl!" Right. Cause if he's not yelling at me 24 hours a day (literally) for not putting the lid on the milk "tight enough", or for some other stupid shit, then clearly I'm either taking them for granted or personally going out of my way to disrepect them. (insert large bolded profanity).

I had decided to stay until next October when my car will be paid off, but man...I really don't know if I can do it. I can't afford to buy a place, so I'll be a permanent renter--another issue which depresses the hell out of me. Did I mention divorce sucks?

Did I mention I have 3 days to vacation?

No comments:

Followers