Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let the games begin


Rob was surprised I could still be admiring my ring after this length of time (this length of time being just over a month since the proposal). "Are you kidding?" I said. "This will carry a glow for me for quite some time."

Is this unusual? I go through different stages where I'm admiring the ring more or less depending on my mood and the day. Today I've been looking down a fair bit at my sparkling jewel. Is it because it's symbolic, or simply the fascination new jewelery generally brings? Or worse, am I just materialistic? Mmmmm... I've actually thought about this.

The engagement occurred quickly within the early stages of us living together; I thought Rob wouldn't get around to it until later in the year, especially with his new job (I thought he would be otherwise preoccupied with getting used to my crap laying everywhere around the house, and managing the stress a new job brings). When he proposed, I was a little surprised he didn't need more time to decide to spend the rest of his life with me. : )

When I look down at my ring, I'm reassured he's committed. I know there are never any guarantees, but I take the symbol of the ring seriously and I'm happy knowing he's in it for the long haul. I'm especially happy I don't have to worry about whether or not he's in it for the long haul.

Now we just have to plan the bloody wedding. Sigh. I'm not the kind of woman who's always dreamt of the "special day". It causes me a fair bit of stress and anxiety imagining everything that needs doing. But, I'd like a lovely day to remember (especially after all the regrets I felt after the first one), so I've decided I need to get the hell over it and get the hell on it.

: )


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still admire my ring, and it's been over a year since the wedding, and over 2 years since the proposal. I love how it looks right after a cleaning. I also admire Warren's ring. I love how he new what he wanted. I love seeing it on his finger - it's just a great feeling!

And, I think all woman have anxiety when they thing of all the work to be done to plan the wedding - it might actually work in your favor that you haven't imagined 'the perfect day'. Maybe that means you're unlikely to become a Bridezilla and hung up and stupid details...

If you want any help at all, I'm here! In fact, I insist you ask me for help! Looking forward to that phone call...

TJ said...

I'm glad you mentioned you'd help because I'd like you to be a bridesmaid!

: D

Anonymous said...

Whaaaaat??!!

That's awesome! But honestly, who asks someone to be a Bridesmaid in the comments section of their blog??? HAHAHA.

Well, I guess that dinner we paid for at Joey's worked!! ;-P

Yippeeee!

Followers