Saturday, May 15, 2010

Get on It


Okay, it's time to get in gear. I'm 6 months pregnant, we have 3 months to Baby, and we've done very little to prepare. Sure we've got some cute stuff, but nowhere near what we need. Room's not ready, I'm not ready, Rob's not ready--we need to get on it!

Rob is going to be exhaused from golf this morning, as he also golfed for the first time of the season on Thursday. What he's not going to be prepared for is my sudden urge to get shit done.

I've got Jorge coming over tomorrow to help move the existing furniture out of the spare beadroom (the plan which Rob is not aware of), and ultimately into our room. This will be quite a shock as we're used to having a certain amount of space in the master bedroom. But it's not like it's a temporary change. Alas! I believe it's time to pull the bandaid off! I'm tired of looking at the spare room and everything that needs to be done to change it into the Baby's room.

We head to the US next week where we hope to get some necessary baby things (stroller, Beabu, etc)--then I want to get on the painting (or Rob rather), and I want the room ready by the end of June at the latest.

Now's the time.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooooh...I can feel your wrath coming through the words on the screen! Rob is about to meet the mama bear nesting monster. Having Jorge come over and help jump start things is a great move. This is all good Tiff. I can't believe you're 6 months along already!

I'll get myself organized, too, so that I can have you two over to pick stuff out that you want to borrow. Maybe when you're back from the US? When do you leave?

Shawna said...

Yes, those nesting instincts are right on schedule. And so helpful in motivating Mama to get things done! I hope you post some Baby's Room photos when you're done. Enjoy the process!

TJ said...

It seems like it was motivated more in spirit than anything else! I worried I'd "let" myself feel tired after the 6 month mark, and I've already noticed my stamina wanes half way through the day.

By the time lunch was done, I had nothing left to give!

Lesson: when the mood strikes, take action now.

Robert Bryan said...

Should I be making notes or something?

Amanda said...

Indeed. Those bursts of energy are fleeting, so take advantage when you can!

Followers