Wednesday, April 05, 2006

On a day like today

Okay, so today's a good dating day. Talk to me on the days when some dumbass guy has stood me up, or been a jackass, and of course I'm jaded and want to tell them all to go to hell, but today...today men are good.

It began with a simple smile. When I saw his picture, I felt something immediately. I couldn't say what for sure, but there was something different right from the start. Of course, you're not supposed to read into anything this early on, but there is something to be said for instinct.

After I smiled back at him, he sent me an email. He was articulate as hell, which is extremely sexy to me, being a writer and all. When we talked on the phone for the first time, I was attracted to his voice and how he expressed himself, and the night we met, afterwards in my car I felt a little odd. I didn't go into my house right away, but let the music play on while I stared out the car window.

When you look back on things, it's easy to see how each moment adds up, but as these moments actually occur I wonder--"is this significant, or simply random?"

Where is the off switch on my thinking anyway?

No comments:

Followers