Thursday, April 24, 2008

Whatever Works


I bought this Gerber Daisy to cheer myself up. It could be the weather, or hormones, or my job, or all of these things, but I'm in a foul mood--depressed, confrontational, emotional. Happy times. When I'm in a mood that's hard to shake, I struggle to find ways to pull myself out.

I'm working "out front" all day (dealing with students face to face), and I've brought the flower out with me, back to my desk for lunch, and it'll be coming along with me for the rest of the afternoon.

What can I say? Desperate times call for desperate measures. So, flower power it is. The daisy reminds me spring and summer will eventually arrive (and the snow MUST leave). Also, I'll be using orange Gerber Daisies in my bridal bouquet, which makes me picture our wedding day and how happy I'll feel standing across from my Sweet Robert.


Plus, I got an A- in my writing class.

Like I say, whatever works.

3 comments:

TJ said...

When I got home in the evening, Rob had two sweet surprises for me: an inspirational book about discovering your life's purpose, by Eckhart Tolle (which I've been eager to buy), and a "greet the day" starter kit with lip balm, shower gel and hand cream. : )

I couldn't have found a better partner.

Amanda said...

Congrats on your A Tiff! So nice to hear that your teacher sees the incredible writing talent in you.

Rob is too sweet - sickeningly sweet actually...glad he was able to cheer you up a little, sounds like you were in a real yucky place.

Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Geez, I used to have great hair and teeth.

-Me

Followers