Thursday, December 11, 2008

Man

I have been busy!

Busy trying to come to terms with the overhwhelming disillusionment of my effed up family having indeed no hope of sustaining meaningful relationships (triggered by my brother saying he was "inspired" by my wedding and instigating a divorce--which isn't half the story). Added to that is my mom unceremoniously quitting her job of 20 years (or something), only to have the company lay off many long term employees a few weeks later, and trying to make her understand that no, when you voluntarily leave a job, you are not eligible for EI. Sigh.

I've also taken on a new position at work, which has been a challenge to say the least, and seems to be sapping all my excess energy (of which I generally have none). Probably good, because then I'd be lamenting about how sad my family is. I guess that's what therapy is for. : )

Alas... all of these things have left me with very little creative energy for things like writing!

A co-worker is tring to convince me to register for "Detective fiction" this Winter. Which might be interesting.

We shall see.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What's Detective Fiction? Anything to get your mind off the crap, really.

TJ said...

It would be another creative writing course towards my degree. : )

While I don't know a damn thing about writing Detective Fiction, it certainly sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

You know who the greatest fictional detective is, don't you?

Followers