Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snowmen?




Rob and I have been having a discussion about the above snowman (which was built down the street from us within the past week). Prior to this snowman showing up, the thing next to it was a smaller snowman. Once the second icy giant was created, the smaller snow guy was turned into what you see now.

Today as we drove past them, Rob wondered aloud what the smaller ice sculpture was supposed to be. He thinks it could be a snow version of the Stanley Cup. I think it represents a snowman whose head was blown off.

"So you think the other guy is smiling because he blew his head off? Or do you think his arms are in the air because he thought it was a stick up?" Rob asked.

"No," I replied. "I think the two are entirely separate."

"But he looks so happy...I think it's the Stanley Cup."

"It can't be the Stanley Cup," I responded. "It doesn't even look like it. It has a big hole at the top!"

"Well, a little kid couldn't sculpt it to look exactly like the Stanley Cup." Rob looked back at the sculptures. "Little kids have small hands."

"No," I shook my head. "It's got to be a snowman with his head blown off, it's the only thing that makes sense."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

January 16/09 update - I am very sad as the chinook has hit this poor fellow quite hard and his "trophy" has melted away.

-Rob

Followers