Friday, January 30, 2009

Exhale


Friday.

A day off.

After managing a cumulative 10 million dollar deposit over the past three weeks, I get to release the breath I've been holding while I waited for something major to happen. There were definitely stressors, but overall the Winter Fees project was well handled and successful.

Today is my day to relax. Let my shoulders come down from my ears, take a deep breath--exhale.

So far, it's been a perfect day.

I awoke naturally at 8:45, having unplugged the alarm clock the night before. Breakfast was with the kitties, Reynold and Ophila (I slept over at Jorge and Mike's Thursday night) and Reynold was acosting the cereal bowl I was holding as I tried to eat my Oatmeal Cranberry Crisp around her imploring chin. While I checked my email and Facebook, I mentally calculated how much time I had to sit about before I needed to get ready.

I would be heading out to Airdrie to pick up my new pair of glasses. After ordering them the previous Saturday, I was excited for them to arrive. I secretly always wanted glasses before I actually needed them. I always liked the dual personality aspect that glasses afford a person, like a Superman/Clark Kent kind of thing. I think glasses on a person makes them look intelligent and vulnerable at the same time, which I find sexy.

And I wanted to squeeze in a Costco trip before meeting my Robert for lunch downtown at the Oriental Pheonix. And still leave time enough for lounging about in the afternoon. : )

Picking up the glasses went quickly; I thought they were lovely and had a hard time not checking myself out every time I stopped at a red light. Costco was bloody outstanding. My intention was to buy only healthy almond and pecan nut clusters and granola bars, but somehow I made it to the cash register with a pair of chocolate brown ladies Dockers, a sporty summer skirt, two sweaters, a work out shirt and a fitted black outdoor padded jacket.

None of which I could try on, as Costco doesn't have change rooms, and all of which look fabulous here at home! Seriously, the pants are my new favorite, being the pefect length, comfort and style; the sweaters are flattering--one a rich leaf green, dual zippered, the other a soft black form-fitting turtleneck. Nevermind the prices, you know how great the prices are at Costco. I still have pieces of clothing I've bought from Costco that look as great as the day I first got them (for some reason I hear this last bit in the voice of Gilbert Gottfried, probably because I recently watched the roast of Bob Sagat featuring Mr G.)

What kind of karmic shopping bubble was I in? Will I ever fall into it again? What are the actual odds of picking out six pieces of clothing, tops and bottoms--nothing tried on--and have it all fit perfectly? Remarkable.

Lunch with Robert was lovely, as always. He looked handsome in a sporty white, blue and green vertical striped shirt from Gap; he kept telling me how fashionable and "arty" I looked. : ) After a tea and a trip to the British store in Eau Claire (mint Areo bubbles for me and a mint Flake for Rob), I got gas (as in, filled up my car), renewed my registration, purchased cheap movie tickets from AMA--and now I'm on the couch (in my new pants/sweather combo) with a cheerful orange candle burning slowly on the coffee table next to a chilled Smirnoff Ice.

Seriously.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Right now just can't get any better.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds like the PERFECT Friday off - well played Tiff! Can't wait to see the new glasses & wardrobe, and I have to say I wish I was with you on the amazing Costco trip.

My favorite part of your day? Was when you 'got gas'. Haha. Made me laugh out loud at first ;-)

Have a good weekend!

Followers