Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Six months of bliss


Rob called me twice at work last night. Once at 5:30 (when I was supposed to be off) and again at 6:30 (45 minutes before I actually left). He offered to put a meal in the oven for me, knowing how long it would take before I'd actually get to walk through the door.

As I drove home, fatigue was pulling at my arms and legs from a particularly hard work out on Sunday, and I could feel the tension from the day ebbing in my shoulders. I found myself speeding as I repeatedly glanced at the clock and mentally timed out how much evening I'd have left before needing to go to bed and begin the next day. Finally in the driveway, I hunched into my coat from the brief exposure to the wind and minus something or other temperature before turning the key in the lock.

The house was dark but I could hear soft music playing in the living room. I turned the hallway light on wondering where the heck Rob was and why he'd left my meal unattended in the oven. Orange candle light flickered from the kitchen table outlining his cheerful face next to a bouquet of tiny orange roses.

I mentally scrambled to figure out if I'd missed anything important and coming up empty, thought of the date. It was the 26th. Ahhhhh....we'd been married for six months. : ) After a sweet hug and a few kisses, I opened the musical card on the table featuring a lyric from Call and Answer by Barenaked Ladies:

"so if you call, I will answer
and if you fall, I'll pick you up
and if you court this disaster
I'll point you home

I'll point you home."

Sweet Robert.

It has been six wonderful months indeed and every day I'm thankful I married such a fabulous, handsome man I now call my husband, my partner and always, my love.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I count my blessings that you're mine for always
We'll laugh beneath the covers and count the wrinkles and the grays

Sing away, sing away, my darling, we'll sing away
This is our kingdom of days

Amanda said...

How romantic!! You two are too much.

Love the Wii 'photo' of the two of you!

TJ said...

I forgot to mention Rob had also cleaned the place.

: )

Followers