Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Post Christmas


Seems like every blog could be about motivation these days. Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me (plenty of people seem to cheerily blog without issue). Other times I think of what I really want to write about and then I'm stuck in the same place--can't write about what's really happening! I suppose that's what a journal is for, but that has collected a fair bit of dust these past few months, as well.

Alas. So, what else is going on, then? Christmas came and went. Santa was extremely good to us (more on that later). Saw my family briefly, and that went without drama. Have about a week before work begins again (sigh, second busiest time of the year when the students go back to school for the Winter semester). My job is now permanent, so that's a pretty big deal.

Not sure what the next year will bring. Sometimes it seems I'm just plugging in time, and I wonder what it's all for. I often think it's because I'm always in some kind of transition; spent a year waiting for my job to become permanent or be dissolved, always waiting to start a family, waiting to go on vacation, waiting for the weekend, and just waiting, waiting, waiting.

I am more hopeful than I come across, but it's a tiny kernel I hold deep inside in case the world leans out to snatch it from me when I'm not paying attention.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those last 2 paragraphs are so well written. I totally relate to feeling of 'plugging in time' and 'waiting for the world to lean in and snatch it'. I also know what it's like to not be able to blog about the things that are really on your mind.

Like many people out there, I am really optimistic about 2010. I think it's okay for you to be too:-)

The countdown to Maui is ON!

Followers