Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day One


I woke up every few hours afraid to check the clock and see it being 4:55 am, only to actually wake up at 4:57 and sigh that I had only mere moments left in bed.

Rob had me lay out all my stuff the night before, so I wouldn't be wandering around in the morning gathering everything up, and we arrived a few minutes before the gym even opened at 5:15 am. There was the odd person waiting with us, but by the time I was half way into my cardio, the area was pretty much full. The weight and stretching sections weren't congested, and what's nice about this gym is it's really spread out, with a track that runs outside each of the area's and down and around large picture windows.

It's 6:38 now, and I feel pretty good. Not once during the workout did I feel tired, or cranky, I was just wide eyed with wonder at how many people actually get up at this time for fitness sake. The absolute best part though? It's done for the day! I don't have to mentally prep myself all day for going to the gym, there's no "should I, I know I should" argument as I make the weary walk to my car after work--it's done! DONE! I can't believe how cheerful that alone makes me feel.

I was a little sleepy when I got home, though I think mainly from needing some protein, but now that I've had my sugar free yoghurt, I'm good. I'm even planning what I should make for dinner tonight. : )

Let's see if I can carry this trend for a few weeks, and what I'll be like further into it.

A definite key is going to bed on time. I made sure I was in bed by 9 last night, and sleeping by 9:30 at the latest. As long as I manage that, I should be able to manage actually getting up.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You & Rob are a HUGE inspiration. Bravo.
I can't believe you actually showed up to the gym BEFORE it was OPEN. That's bordering on ridiculous.And, by 6:30AM you had gone to the gym AND written a blog entry.
Truly Amazing.
I feel SO fat & lazy right now.
And why is it, that something that makes us feel SO GOOD is so hard to gear up for?
Well done you two. I bow down to the fitness gods, which are you.
Now, I'm going to eat another perogy and sit on the couch all night :-(

TJ said...

LOL. Keep in mind I'd eaten chocolate cake before going to bed the previous night. : D

What I'm struggling with now, is waking up in the middle of the night anticipating the alarm going off. I've been awake since 3.

Followers