Thursday, February 14, 2008

How often




How often do I thank God for Rob being in my life?

At least once a day.
Usually when we hug in the morning before he goes off to work.
Whenever I'm showering him with kisses.
Early in the morning when he comes over to gently kiss me and tell me he loves me because it's 4am and we're getting up to catch an early flight.
When he spilled 7-up on me during a flight and wrote "I love you" on a napkin to try and make it better.
Whenever I hear Doc Walker.
When I'm sad and Rob is concerned and trying to cheer me up.
When Rob says, "How are you?" in an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent.
When Rob tells me he loves me in his sleep, and when I say, "You even love me in your dreams!" he responds, "I love you everywhere."
Whenever he expresses he's looking forward to getting married and calling me his wife.
Whenever we dance together.
Whenever he's excited about Rocky or Bruce Springsteen.
When I feel him tense up with emotion while he's watching a movie during a emotional scene.
When he falls asleep with his arm around me.
When I received his secret message Valentine last year (which had a decorder pen and was a puzzle).
When he placed Rascal Flatts' concert tickets in my hand as a surprise for Valentine's day this year.
When he also gave me a chocolate filled heart from Bernard Callebaut.
When I read his Valentine card featuring Rocky Balboa on the front and the line "You won my heart." Which we both agreed should have said, "Yo, Valentine!"

I love you, Robert.

Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man - this totally made me misty eyed! I love all those little glimpses into your personal moments - thanks for sharing them. It's very clear that the two of you have something extraordinarily special.
You are right to thank God for all those jems.

BTW - noticed your description change...some fine writing? Of course! But some fine rambling also I'm sure...:-)

Amanda said...

ooooh...Love the added photo! You two always look so great & happy.
Can't wait for July 26th!

TJ said...

Speaking of which, we were just doing some wedding planning, and
I can't believe how much it stressed me out.

Anonymous said...

That's nothing, Amanda thanks God at least 4 times a day for having me in her life, or was that curse?

By the way Rob calls me every morning at 330AM, to tell me he loves me...Can you stop that? I may have to call the authorities

Dubya

Amanda said...

So THAT's who's been calling at 3:30am? Man, that's obnoxious.

So Tiff, how come the planning stressed you out so much? What parts were you dealing with? Guest List?

TJ said...

All the details get me going. Getting the officiant, deciding about the alcohol, the music, the budget, the flowergirl dresses...you name it, it stresses me out. Wedding planning is simply not something I enjoy. If I had the budget, I'd have a wedding planner for sure. I was so wound up after we were discussing everything, that I couldn't fall asleep. It was awful.

Followers